After five months of writing, coding and learning, my time at SS Digital Media is coming to a close. Coming in, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I certainly didn’t anticipate liking my internship this much. Here is what I’ve been up to this past semester.
On Feb. 15, our creative director, Michael Taylor, headed downtown to the Detroit Regional Chamber’s Digital Marketing Bootcamp. Here, he and fellow panel members discussed tips and trends for improving your digital marketing strategies. Panelists discussed the evolution of social media and how not to be a robot in your social media communications.
A few key takeaways from the event include:
- Many brands spend too much time crafting their social media posts and lose the human element.
- Spend less time editing social content and more time focusing on what your audience wants.
- Before starting social media efforts, determine which platforms make the most sense for your audience.
- Apps and tools exist to help you with your social media. Some of our favorites are Buffer and Slack.
- Gary Vaynerchuk liked one of our tweets! Thanks Gary!
February has been full of fun opportunities for SS Digital Media. We can’t wait to see what else 2017 has in store for us!
We celebrated Valentine’s Day in the best way: by heading to Google Ann Arbor for an exclusive senior healthcare industry event. SS Digital Media Founder, Nick Skislak was joined by Google representatives Isha Vij and Taylor Kobryn. The discussion included a focus on digital marketing and its benefits for the senior healthcare industry.
Check out some of the key takeaways from the event:
- Social media is more than just creating content. It’s about listening and interacting with your audience.
- Life is made of tiny micro moments — moments when a customer experiences something that requires an immediate answer. Make sure you are there when your customers need you.
- The need for senior healthcare is only going to increase. The projected U.S. population ages 65+ in 2050 is 83.7 million people.
- More than 2 billion people use Google on a daily basis. If you’re not advertising here, you should be.
- In Michigan alone, Google ads for senior health care are receiving more than 1 million impressions a month.
Following the discussion, we took an exclusive tour of the Google Ann Arbor office. Did you know, at Google you’re never more than 150 feet away from a microkitchen? How cool is that!
The 2017 Super Bowl was one for the records. The first Super Bowl to ever go into overtime, the game had us all at the edge of our seats. From the commercials to the halftime show, all of us at SS Digital Media found different moments to be the highlight of the night. Here’s our favorite moments from Super Bowl LI.
Nick Skislak: Budweiser – This commercial was a great reminder of how we built this country. Amazingly inspirational.
Michael Taylor: The Verizon commercials. They were some of the only funny ones this year.
Tessa Feeley: Melissa McCarthy’s Kia commercial because she’s hilarious of course!
Amanda Friedt: Did you guys check the Justin Bieber Six Flags Meme? Classic. The drones were amazing too!
Krista Krautner: All of the glorious food because everyone knows indulging in taco dip and wings is the most important part of the Super Bowl… What is football?
Michael Muscat: Julian Edelman’s unbelievable catch.
Dave Salazar: The drones during Lady Gaga’s halftime performance. They were so well coordinated.
Natalie Roosa: Guacamole and all of the amazing memes posted during the game.
Allyssa Costanza: The Mr. Clean commercial was hilarious. I’m hoping my boyfriend was paying attention!
Elise Hubel: I loved the Lady Gaga Spongebob memes and the fact that they were posted within minutes of the halftime show.
What was your favorite moment from this year’s Super Bowl?
Join SS Digital Media as we meet to discuss the senior healthcare industry and how digital is impacting marketing. The event will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017 at Google Ann Arbor headquarters. Cost is $25 and will include, refreshments and lunch.
Alongside representatives from Google NYC, Founder of SS Digital Media, Nick Skislak will discuss numerous aspects of digital marketing including:
- The continuous evolution of digital marketing
- How to track online success and failures
- Current and upcoming industry trends
- The best practices for increasing web traffic and conversion rates, and more!
You will even have the chance to tour Google Ann Arbor after the event concludes!
Join SS Digital Media and Google for a Lunch & Learn!
Interested in joining us for our senior healthcare industry event? We’d love to see you at Google! Fill out this form to register. If you have any questions, contact our Project Manager, Tessa Feeley at email@example.com or by phone at 248-629-9594. Space is limited.